Actor Nana Patekar on Monday cancelled a press conference where he was due to address the sexual harassment allegations levelled against him by actress Tanushree Dutta.
According to news agency ANI, the Maharashtra State Commission for Women issued notices to Nana Patekar, film director Rakesh Sarang and choreographer Ganesh Acharya, among others, in connection with the case. Mumbai Police, too, has been asked to file a report within 10 days.
According to officials from the commission, a notice has also been shot to the Cine and TV Artists Association (CINTAA) to explain the procedure to redress sexual harassment complaints. "We have also asked Ms Dutta to appear before the commission and share more information in the matter", Ms Rahatkar said.
"The narrative of the video was edited in a way that it looks like Kumar is expressing his views on the Dutta-Patekar controversy, which he never did", said an officer to HT.
The media was informed about the cancellation by Nana's son Malhar.
It seems Nana Patekar and Tanushree Dutta's debate will be a long battle. "Will let you know about the further proceedings soon".
And just last week, on being confronted by the media, he said he had answered the questions about it 10 years ago.
The incident can be traced back to the year 2008, when Tanushree Dutta was shooting with Nana Patekar for a song in the film Horn Ok Pleassss.
She had also claimed that Nana demanded she should shoot a lewd step with him and when she refused, members of a political party were called who threatened her and vandalised her auto.