KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Vice President Mike Pence said the American people rejected the policies of Mr. Obama in the 2016 election and that it was "very disappointing" to see him break with other past presidents who have shied away from commenting on the tenure of their successors.

"The claim that everything will turn out OK because there are people inside the White House who secretly aren't following the president's orders".

"The only reason that we have an outsider business man president is because of you", Pirro said of Obama. "I'm sorry, I watched it, but I fell asleep", Trump stated at a campaign appearance in Fargo, North Dakota.

Casting aside the traditional low profile of a former president, Obama returned to the campaign trail on Friday in IL in an effort to help Democrats running in the upcoming midterm elections.

During his speech Friday, Obama warned that there are "dire" consequences to staying on the political sidelines, adding that "powerful and privileged" people want to "keep us angry".

"As a fellow citizen - not as an ex-president, but as a fellow citizen - I'm here to deliver a simple message and that is: you need to vote because our democracy depends on it", he told students. While the Democrats focus on trying to drum up the anti-Trump vote, the county's Republican party is trying to draw voters to bread-and-butter issues closer to home.




During his speech, Obama highlighted the seven Democratic candidates now running in the region and in highly contested counties. "Suddenly, deficits don't matter, even though just two years ago, when the deficit was lower, they said, 'I couldn't help working families or seniors because it was, the deficit was, in existential crisis".

"They're not doing us a service by actively promoting 90 percent of the insane stuff that's coming out of this White House, and then saying, 'Don't worry, we're preventing the other 10 percent, '" he said. But many Republicans saw the former president's re-entry on the campaign trail as a net positive for them. Obama asked, "Its central organizing principle in foreign policy was the fight against Communism, and now they're cozying up to the former head of the KGB, actively blocking legislation that would defend our elections from Russian attack".

The upcoming mid-term elections are seen as a key test of Trump's first two years in power. "I found that he's very, very good for sleeping", he said.

Republicans say they aren't anxious. "Barack Obama wasn't ready for America", said Bongino.

The event, organized by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, was an attempt to boost seven Democrats running in districts Hillary Clinton won in 2016 but which are represented by the Republicans in the House.

Having devoted most of his time since leaving office to writing his memoirs and setting up his presidential foundation in Chicago, Obama will be back in the limelight in coming weeks with campaign stops planned in California Saturday, and OH on Thursday.


COMMENTS