The Seattle Seahawks are only a number of days away from kicking off their 2018 National Football League season schedule, but there have been no sightings yet of safety Earl Thomas, who is still on a holdout. That likelihood, apparently, is enough to keep the Cowboys brass from ponying up whatever pot-sweeteners Seattle now wants.
Earl Thomas says he's coming back-and says "the disrespect has been well noted and will not be forgotten".
With Thomas saying a few times that he won't return to the Seahawks without a contract extension and a lack of signs that a contract extension is something the team is interested in extending his way, no end to the Thomas saga appears to be in sight. I've never let me teammates, city or fans down as long as I've lived and don't plan on starting this weekend.
"I worked my whole life for this", he wrote on instagram.
710 ESPN Seattle's Danny O'Neil has noted that while Thomas isn't wrong to seek a new extension, Seattle may be reticent due to a string of bad luck with similar deals.
The Seahawks have agreed to wipe away nearly all of the fines Thomas accrued during his holdout.
But Seahawks coach Pete Carroll foreshadowed that maybe something was going on when he was asked Monday if there had been any additional contact with Thomas and he paused and said there was "nothing to report".
Even though Seattle willingly moved on from some of these big names, Thomas was a player they probably thought would come around at some point over the course of the offseason.